Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Creative Approahces to Teaching - Resources

So far people the following teaching helps have been suggested:
Adam suggests narrative teaching and preaching
Paula mentions Kim Daily's www.sundayschoolsources.com
Steve Puckett mentioned video clips from www.sermonspice.com and www.bluefishtv.com
Frank mentioned Thom and Joani Schultz, "Why Nobody Learns Much of Anything at Church: And How to Fix It"
I mentioned www.rotation.org - workshop rotation for teaching children

Another couple of helpful sources for improving our teaching & preaching:
Parker Palmer's Courage to Teach
Fred Craddock - Preaching
- As One Without Authority
I am going to edit this post with more links later.

1 comment:

Bob Bliss said...

Matt, I've heard of the Schultz's book but haven't read it. You need to fix the link on rotation.org, an error page is popping up. I had Keith Mask at Harding Grad for spiritual formation of adults and he loved Parker Palmer's stuff. I haven't had a chance to read it but will some day. I have an ambivalent feeling about Craddock. I love his preaching. I think as a public preacher he is fantastic. His books don't seem to communicate to me (and maybe it's me) a helpful process where I can imitate his approach. I see where he wants to go with homiletical theory but the pathway appears hazy to me. My favorite is Thomas Long's "The Witness of Preaching." Anyway, that's my two cents. I'm glad you share links with us. The more the merrier.

Religion Blogs - Blog Top Sites Christian Blog Topsites