Wednesday, May 02, 2007

How Much Difference Can One Word Make?

We have been upgrading our church library for a few months now. A recent purchase finally came in from the UK after waiting over a month for it to arrive. It put a look on my face that I wish I had a picture of when I opened it up. I had ordered Abraham Malherbe's The Letters to the Thessalonians from the Anchor Bible Commentary series. What showed up? Well, all I can say is the first three words were correct but that last word sure makes a difference - The Letters to Penthouse (sorry, no links for that). Now that is a pretty bad mistake! Normally we scan the cover of our new books and advertise updates to the library but I don't think this one will make it any further than the trash can.

No comments:

Religion Blogs - Blog Top Sites Christian Blog Topsites